Better Energy camp’s lecturer Andrey Ozharovsky wrote a report from the camp, and russian environmental groups and individuals from 12 cities published a letter of support. The camp report was also republished by russian news agency Rosbalt.
“ Russian environmental organizations and groups support the protests of Finnish NGOs and activists against a nuclear power plant construction in Hanhikivi. We believe, that all the nuclear power plants shall be decommissioned, following the examples of Italy, Lithuania and German nuclear phase-out policy. We think, that it is irresponsible to continue production of radioactive waste mountains and nuclear threats for future generations. There are feasible alternatives for nuclear energy: energy saving and renewable sources of energy. We hope, both Russia and Finland should collaborate in these sustainable industries and stop the dangerous, unsustainable and irresponsible reactor export project from Russia to Finland. ”
– Albert Gatapov, Kazan – Tatatstan Antinuclear Movement;
– Anna Vinogradova, Balakovo, Program on Nuclear and Radiation Threat of Russian Social-Ecological Union / Friends of the
Earth – Russia;
– Nadezhda Kutepova, Ozersk, Planet of Hopes NGO;
– Natalie Mironova, Chelyabinsk, Movement for Nuclear Safety
– Oleg Bodrov, Sosnovy Bor – St. Petersburg, NGO ;
– Andrey Talevlin, Chelyabinsk, Movement ;
– prof. Alexey Yablokov, Moscow, Nuclear and Radiation Safety Program, International Social-Ecological Union;
– Oxana Tzitzer, Moscow, NGO ;
– Vladimir Lagutov, Rostov-on-Don, NGO ;
– Nikolay Rybakov, St.Petersburg, NGO ;
– Askhat Kajumov, Nizhny Novgorog, Ecocentre;
– Vitaly Servetnik, Murmansk, Russian Social-Ecological Union / Friends of the Earth – Russia and Decommision network;
– Tatyana Pautova, Nizhny Novgorog, Nizhny Novgorog Antinuclear Movement;
– Dmitry Nesterov, Arkhangelsk, NGO.
– Andrey Ozharovsky, Moscow, individual member of Russian Social-Ecological Union / Friends of the Earth – Russia;
– Irina Reznikova, Nerekhta, individual member of Russian Social-Ecological Union / Friends of the Earth – Russia;
– Vladimir Levchenko, St.Petersburd, Dr.Sc..